How to program
Paxton Net2 692-500 Proximity ISO Cards
How to Program Paxton Net2 692-500 Proximity ISO Cards?
To program Paxton Net2 692-500 Proximity ISO Cards, follow these steps:
- Install the Net2 software on your PC.
- Enter the user’s details into the software.
- Present the token (proximity ISO card) to the desktop reader to enter the token number.
- Once programmed into the software, the token is ready for use.
To use the token, simply present it to a reader. The access permissions will be instantly looked up, and access will be granted or denied as appropriate. Paxton tokens use HiTag2 technology with restricted encoding, which includes an authentication protocol in the form of a password exchange between the token and the reader. This provides an additional layer of security for your system.
What Software Is Needed to Program Paxton Net2 692-500 Proximity ISO Cards?
To program Paxton Net2 692-500 Proximity ISO Cards, you will need the Net2 software, which is available in two versions: Net2 Lite and Net2 Pro.
Net2 Lite is ideal for most sites and comes free of charge, while Net2 Pro offers extra features for more flexible and advanced access control. You can download the Net2 Lite software for free from the Paxton Portal. The software is designed to run on a PC with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Vista operating systems.
What Are the System Requirements for Paxton Net2 Software?
The system requirements for Paxton Net2 software are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Vista
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 (or equivalent) for minimum requirements, Intel® Core™ i5 (or equivalent) for optimal performance
- Memory: 4GB RAM or greater
- Disk Space: Minimum 20GB free disk space
- Display Resolution: Minimum Resolution of 1024 x 768, Maximum Resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Connectivity: USB2 and Ethernet
Please note that the Net2 software is not designed to work across separate networks and requires that the database is always available.